You, know it’s awesome that your business can be found for whatever you sell all over the world, but really, if you’re serving a local market and you’re not successfully appearing in your local search results for your main terms, names and products, then what does it help?
Since we now know that 1 in 3 searches in Google are now local in objective, and more than 70 percent of people look online for offline services, it’s a no-brainer that you must dominate your local search results, and below are a few ways to do exactly that.
5 Easy ways to start to dominate your local search results
- Your Google+ Local Page - A Google+ local page for your business is a quick way to help your local search rankings. Does not only aid with indexing your pages nearly instantly, but it’s a practical aid for anyone seeking to find you.
- Claim Citations - Citations are listings for your business on search engines and within social media that include your name address and phone number. They can include more or less and are typically found on Facebook, Google, Bing, Yelp, and FourSquare, as well as a variety of other sites.
- Reviews - Getting reviews for your business, products or services is essential for ranking well on the Google local search results. Google views this as authority, and social proof. Make sure you enable your customers to help them leave a review by offering a link to where they can do this, preferably on your Google+ local page.
- NAP - NAP represents name address and phone number. Ensuring this information is correct across all your social media and sites is a must.
- Mobile - Since three out of four mobile searches result in follow-up actions like a store visit, social share, phone call or word of mouth recommendation, it’s important your site is optimized for mobile, so you can be where all your customers are at any time of the day or night!